I will exalt you, O LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. O LORD, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit. Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken." O LORD, when you favored me, 
you made my mountain stand firm; 
but when you hid your face, I was dismayed. To you, O LORD, I called; 
to the Lord I cried for mercy: "What gain is there in my destruction, in my going down into the pit? 
Will the dust praise you? 
Will it proclaim your faithfulness? Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me; O LORD, be my help." You turned my wailing into dancing; 
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. 
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

--Psalm 30 (NIV)

Thursday, September 26, 2013

CATS: Calling All That Seek


Dog spelled backward is God. Our dog’s faithfulness to us and our faithfulness to our dog may be a metaphor for our relationship with God. When our dog was 17 years old he had great difficulty walking. We put him in a vest with a handle so he could be taken here and there, like a living suitcase. He looked to us for his needs. We provided them to him. Sometimes we were angry with him, but knowing his weaknesses, we forgave him. Without our love and grace he could not have survived. He put his trust in us completely and we upheld him in his powerless old age. 
Our cats remind us God calls all that seek Him. We are lost and yet God will draw us to Him and give us salvation. My family has found lost cats for several years now and given them new life. We have especially, my wife and I, provided a home to older cats, who often do not get adopted and would perish in a shelter. 
My wife and both daughters have been employed by no-kill animal shelters, and both daughters still are. My wife is retired and my daughters work as VetTechs.
One evening the younger daughter brought overnight guests. She had picked them up that morning and they will go to the shelter and hopefully soon be adopted. Just as these creatures of God's seek love, there are people who seek their love in return. This will serve both well. 

We had the little delights for one night;  a living reminder that CATS mean God is Calling All
That Seek. 


No comments:

Post a Comment